Friday 16 April 2010

People should knit



We visited the Imperial War museum with a brief to design something to be sold in the gift shop.
I focussed on the women of the war, naturally...im such a girl. Starting with the war-time classic "Make do and Mend", I wanted to salvage this slogan and update it in relation to the recession.

"Learn to knit". Thats aimed at both boy and girls, ladies and gentlemen.

I did these by hand with Indian ink. For me, my mac is an awesome tool, but my hands always produce the best work. They're closer to my head, my thoughts, and produce wonderful little accidents that my laptop just won't.

They're kinda simple, and have a home-made feel thats not too intimidating. Im intimidated by knitting needles. I don't have the patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment